Ratspeak

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Some Thoughts on Jobs. Or Florida. Or Both.

A funny thing happened on my way to work today - I realized I like my job. Don't get me wrong. There are issues (right now, I'm way too busy to do all the things I have on my plate, for instance) and aspects of it that I do not like, but overall, I enjoy the way I spend my days. Not as much as I'd enjoy all-day orgies with a bevy of beautiful women or anything, but I certainly don't hate my job.

Unlike some friends of mine. I have some friends who really don't like their jobs. They are still working at them, of course, but looking for other work. This is pretty normal. But I have turned down some offers of late, because of how much I like working at my job. Including a repeat of an offer to move to Florida to work for a reputable company down there, and I love Florida.

Going there in August, in fact, which really isn't soon enough. I think I might start planning a camping trip into the Everglades, if that is even possible sometime soon.

Not that I am a metaphysical or even "go with your feelings" kind of guy, but there is something about Florida that speaks to me on a very basic level. I imagine I'll end up down there eventually, and will probably continue to vacation there frequently until then.

I spent some time yesterday talking to someone about moving over to the IT department here, and realized that I think it is a great idea for them. I really like it over here. For those of you who do not enjoy your jobs, I have but one piece of advice: keep looking. The good ones are out there.

2 Comments:

  • "For those of you who do not enjoy your jobs, I have but one piece of advice: keep looking. The good ones are out there."
    For a second there, I thought you were going to say either "... I have but one piece of advice: join our I.T. department here" or "... move to Florida."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 AM  

  • Just_A_R great blog! Glad I found it! After looking at your Some Thoughts on Jobs. Or Florida. Or Both. I will definitely be back again! amateur wives

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home